5.12.2009

Today's Already (Almost) Over??

So this, sadly, isn't yet going to be a blog of intelligent thoughts and musings like that of my best friend (see www.weshargrove.com), but hopefully we'll get there.

As of late, I've forgotten to get the coffee filters for my coffee pot. Oh, I have the coffee maker, the coffee, the creamer, and numerous coffee cups. However, the thought of buying filters simply has escaped my mind on my many trips back and forth to the/any store. So I've been making coffee using something so incredibly simple, so obvious, that I'm not sure why I haven't come up with this genius idea before in my twenty-plus-some years of life. A paper towel. Yea, so maybe it doesn't work quite as well.. but it did the job.

Wesley and I went around town today, trying to get him ready for his trip on Saturday. Then I dropped him off at Westmont, turned in my application at Gap (hopefully I'll get a call about an interview tomorrow), and went to another store, where.. I bought a coffee filter. Successful day, I'd say.

Oh, and also, I went to the laundromat. Our dryer hasn't been emitting hot air (nbd) so I decided that as of this new adventure in California, I will also try this new adventure of the laundromat. It wasn't as exciting as I'm making it out to be. I put the coins in, washed my clothes; took them out, put them in the dryer; put the coins in (after which I realized it's free) and dryed my clothes.

Oh wait, oh wait! Here is the excitement. The first dryer didn't work, so I had to stay for about an hour longer than I should have and some things still aren't dry. Again, nbd. I actually enjoyed myself. I've been reading a book that Lisa (bf) got me before I left by Russell Brand called My Booky Wook. It's a memoir of his life, which is pretty crazy, but it's entertaining, and he's a very funny person.

Sarah and I went running today too. She dominated me: I was dying after the first 50 steps. Always time to start again. The best part is that we went running through some woods and went along the beach. I mean, really? This is possible?

I can't wait to start working.. anywhere! But really, I kind of want to hold out for the previous two. Those would be spectacular. As of late, I'm just busying myself with cleaning, organizing, reading, and enjoying.. just like I should. But really, I get a lot of pleasure from work. So I'm ready for that.

I'm still getting lost numerous times a day; I get confused as to which parking lot/garage is the closest, so I end up walking a lot. I don't mind. Also, you can't use your phone while in the car.. so I'm just making a lot of guesses of where I should turn. The ocean's presence should help, because it gives some sense of direction; however, I can never quite remember which way it is. Also, they have roundabouts here. Weird!! And I still say 'yall' and 'coke'. I'm trying, but so far no one has (openly) judged me for it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment