5.16.2009

An Even Newer Adventure

I'm currently not feeling like I thought I would be at this point (eight hours away from Wesley leaving for the Middle East for thirty-five days). Perhaps it's because I simply haven't had the time to think about it.

We've been getting ready to go all day. We had more people over tonight for a Eucharist dinner, and it was a potluck sort of deal. We had some great food. I attempted to make fried rice (canned peas don't do as well, but there were no fresh), and Wesley and I also made lasagna, rotini, and banana pudding. Odd combination, but remember: we're poor and it was potluck.. go with it.

We've been packing since around eleven. We finally got things put in the backpack(s) he's bringing, and he's now doing some research.

I'm still waiting on a job.. And I'm going to follow up tomorrow.

Also tomorrow includes the opening of the Apple store (which Wesley just told me that there is already a line [?!?!?!?] but only of five people). Hopefully, Sarah and I will be able to get a t-shirt. This is all, of course, after we drop and see the M.E. travelers off at Westmont at nine a.m. Then we'll hang around downtown, I may apply at Starbucks, and I'll probably try to go run, because we had lots of yummy, fattening food tonight :) BTW, Sarah and I could probably eat comfortably for a week on just the leftovers from tonight.

I wish I had a tape recorder in my mind, for everything I thought about today. I feel like I had a lot of interesting thoughts, but they seem lame now.

I'm enjoying cooking more than I thought I would. Hopefully, I can just get better at it.

I'll do that and read new books this summer.

Oh, and, Emily (bf) sent me her bridesmaids dress options for her wedding in December. It is such an honor to be included in her ceremony, and I absolutely cannot wait to help her in any way that I can. This is an exciting new time in our lives, and it is wonderful. Love you, Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment