5.17.2009

Day One (Eleven)

www.wime2009.wordpress.com

Wesley, Kristen, and everyone else left yesterday morning for Paris, then Amman, Jordan. It is 10:10 pm there, so a ten hour time difference. It was a little sad to see them go, but I know they're going to have a wonderful time, and it's definitely going to be the experience of a lifetime.

Kris, Sarah, and I are sitting at the duplex, just kind of relaxing. I may go run again today, maybe sit by the beach and read or something.

We spent the day down on State Street yesterday, after the group left for LAX. We went to the Apple Store, which had its grand opening, and got a (few) t-shirt(s). Technically it's one per person, but we found a way around that. Then we just kind of walked around, and I got an interview at Gap tomorrow, and also turned in that application at Starbucks. I slept for the most part of the day after that, and then Sarah's friends Ashlee and Stephen (?) came over and we just hung out for the night.

So, I was looking on CNN this morning, and saw the article about Racing the Planet Limited, which stages 150-mile footraces across crazy terrains. This one is in Namibia, and it starts today. Each person must bring with them everything they'll need for the six days, and it costs $3,100 to enter. It looks absolutely nuts, but incredible, and probably the highlight of one's life. I would do that, if I could get into shape. That would take years and years, but perhaps I'll try..

1 comment:

  1. Do the race! DO IT! How is your place? And I'm so jealous you're in SB. I wish you were in Tyler right now-I will be here all week.

    ReplyDelete