5.11.2009

My Fifth Day

We're smoking hookah tonight. Wesley, Kristen, Amy, Sarah, and I. We had a wonderful dinner of Angel Hair pasta with Italian Sausage, green beans (thanks, mom), and garlic bread.

Kristen and Wesley had their first class today before their trip to Syria, Jordan, and Israel. I went job-hunting today, and had two great leads. I had an interview with Anthropologie that went more perfect than I could imagine, and Gap is hiring, to which I'll return an application tomorrow. For those who know me, I'm an avid Anthro and Gap fan. Those who know me will also know that my paychecks will disappear before they're received.


So, California. I'm here for the summer from Tyler, Texas. I haven't quite identified the major differences between the two, besides the obvious: beach, cool summers vs. the lake and very very hot summers; and pretty much everyone I know vs. knowing just about nobody.

I'll hopefully keep this up with what's going on, what's on my mind, and my HUGE transition to something completely different. I keep hearing that I'll never go back. I'm not sure about that, but I'd be very glad to have that feeling. As of late, I've been more than nervous about moving here, and even thinking about going back home. My first day here, the Jesusita fire was in full force, and there was an earthquake about an hour away (which I haven't revealed to my mom yet). It's getting better each day. I can't wait for my excitement to grow.

Here's to a new experience, a summer that is never to be forgotten, and finally stepping out.

1 comment:

  1. yay for blogs about california! Hope your move/new adventure is treating you well :].

    ReplyDelete